It’s mostly pictures, but here’s a written summary for reference:
- Open the Control Toolbox. It will float over your document.
- The bottom-right icon (looks like the web designers hammer and sickle motif, with an ellipsis) opens, and you can select ‘Shockwave Flash Object’
- An empty placeholder box will appear. Right-click and select ‘Properties’
- A long, vertical properties widow will appear. Key fields to update are:
EmbedMovie = True
Movie = [the movie name]Keep the flash file in the same directory of the presentation to avoid certain death!
Playing = True
- That’s it! It may be flaky still, so it’s best to use this method when you’ll be the one presenting the deck
View -> Toolbars -> Control Toolbox