Need to run a sponsor loop for a reception, but also need a specific slide or two during some brief remarks? You can do both from within the same presentation. No jumping to the desktop!
- Create the slide deck for the sponsor loop
- Select your transitions and slide duration as per normal
- Ensure that looping is set under
[Set up show]
- Insert your (let’s say 2) static slides at the beginning of the deck
- Ensure that these 2 slides have no slide duration
- Right-click these two slides and click ‘Hide slides’
Okay, to recap: We now have a presentation that will automatically transition through all but the first 2 slides in perpetuity.
When the time comes to stop the loop (often the sponsor or client goes to the podium to make a few quick announcements), call up the static slide by number. (i.e. for slide 1, while your show is running press
[enter], for slide 12, press
Voila! Because there’s no need to jump to the desktop, there’s also no need for a still-store or switcher. To start up your sponsor loop again, simply advance into the loop, or select the first slide in the loop (in our example, slide 3).